Certified Restorer® (CR)
The Certified Restorer® (CR) Certification Program focuses on damage repair and raising committed restorers to a higher level of professional ability.
Education and study address both buildings and personal contents property, and are based on the structure and nature of materials, and the effects of various perils. Restoration theory addresses the mechanisms by which residue odors are removed. Toxic contamination, allergic response, water damage, contracts and insurance are also covered.
The CERTIFIED RESTORER Certification Program is widely recognized as the pre-eminent training program in damage repair.
RIA Certified Restorer (CR) Program Deadlines for 2013:
|CR Application Submission:||on or before September 13, 2013|
|Pre-requisite Course(s) Completion:||on or before October 25, 2013|
|Register for CR Prep Course & Exam:||on or before September 30, 2013|
|CR Prep Course:||November 4-9, 2013|
|CR Certification Exam:||November 9, 2013|
|CR Formal Report Submission:||on or before February 14, 2014|
REFERENCE DOCUMENTS (updated for 2013 unless otherwise noted)
- CR Application for Candidacy
- CR Pre-Req & Prep Course Info
- CR Recommended Readings
- CR Formal Report Guidelines
- CR Formal Report Archives
- Advanced Certification Category Definitions
- Martin L. King Scholarship Overview
- Martin L. King Scholarship Application
- Martin L. King Tribute
- Founding Fathers of Restoration Article
- CR Certification History
- RIA 2013 CEC Submission Document - for maintaining certification