Lead Presenters: Art Johnson and Lori Young
*Registration fee includes continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments*
This comprehensive 2-day lecture-based course content is 98% applicable to anything the restoration professional may encounter, dealing with the science of how to restore personal property damaged due to fire, smoke, flood or disaster. Intermediate to advanced restoration and theory will be covered, plus show-and-tell demonstrations will prepare the more experienced restoration trainee, estimator, or supervisor for evaluating different degrees of damage and selecting methods for safe and effective restoration, be it Contents, furniture, Oriental and specialty rugs or period furniture styles.
Content will cover:
- Period Furniture
- Textiles (upholstery, Oriental Rugs, window coverings)
- Identification and Inspection
- Particles & Residues
- Cleaning & Deodorizing
- Electronic Restoration
- Wood restoring and refinishing
|Member Fee |
|Early (ends 7/16/2018) newly extended through 7/27/2018! |$ 649.00
|Regular (7/17/2018 - 9/17/2018)
|Late (9/18/2018 - 9/25/2018)
*Note: You must be logged into your RIA member account to receive the member rate.
Airport: O-hare International Airport (ORD) or Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
Club Quarters Hotel, Wacker at Michigan
75 E Upper Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL 60601
To book: http://www.clubquarters.com/ and enter "smithbucklin" for password under "Member LogIn"
The Kinzie Hotel (closet to class location)
Twenty West Kinzie Chicago, IL 60654
To book: Call their Reservations Department at (877) 262-5341 and request the SmithBucklin rate.
- Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to the event start date will not be granted a refund.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to the RIA office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone calls are not accepted.
- Cancellations received 30 days prior to the event start date will be granted a full refund minus a $100 administrative fee.
- Substitutions from the same company are accepted at least two weeks in advance of the event start date at no additional charge.
- In the unlikely event that RIA determines the event must be canceled or rescheduled, RIA will contact you promptly and work with you to register you in an comparable program. If a comparable program is unavailable, the course registration fee will be refunded.