Restoration Industry Association (RIA) Code of Ethics
RIA members adopt and abide by the following Code of Ethics
As providers of property damage restoration, remediation and cleaning services to the public, we subscribe to the following principles in our relationships with customers, employees and business associates:
- To treat our customers and their property with care and respect.
- To provide professional service in accordance with high standards of practice that will, where possible, restore the customer's property to its pre-damaged or pre-soiled condition.
- To operate in a manner consistent with ethical principles and sound business practice.
- To be proficient in our work through ongoing participation in education and training.
- To provide our customer with accurate information concerning the scope of work required and its costs, maintaining strict impartiality in our professional opinions.
- To disclose to the customer any connection we may have to their insurer or any other interested third party.
Adopted June 20, 2006
RIA Board of Directors