RIA Member Spotlight - Marcie Richardson
Welcome to RIA's first member spotlight! Each month, we will feature a new member in our newsletter, Industry Insights. To be featured, please fill out our survey here.
Say hello to Marcie Richardson, Director of Human Resources and Safety at Guarantee Restoration Services in Baton Rouge, LA. With six years of experience in the restoration industry, Marcie has been an RIA member for three years. Learn more about Marcie below.
1. What is one way RIA has impacted your career and/or your business?
There are numerous ways RIA has impacted my career, but the most significant impact is the community of restorers from across the country. The willingness to share knowledge and lend a helping hand is rare in business today. But RIA members give in abundance.
2. What is your favorite part of being a member of RIA?
Networking with others across the country
3. What is the main reason you chose to enter the restoration field?
It almost feels as it chose me. Restoration made me feel that I was giving back more to the employees. And restoration aligns with my core value foundation. Restoration is more than a job...it is a calling. No matter the area of restoration you work in, it reaches and touches us all.
4. Give one piece of advice for an individual just starting out in the restoration industry.
Remember Grandma's rule. Treat every customer as you would your grandma.
5. What has been the most challenging part of being in the restoration industry?
Each of us experience different challenges within the industry like labor shortages, training, and pricing. For me, the most challenging part has been to continually being in front of new technology. Even in HR, options for technology are abundant, and I find myself asking "Is this right for us?" "Will this be user-friendly?" "do we actually need it?"
6. If you could work in any other field for a day, what would you choose to do?
My absolute dream job would be a college football recruiter.