Restoration Industry Association (RIA) TPA Scoring Survey
The Restoration Industry Association (RIA)'s Advocacy and Government Affairs Committee (AGA) was created in 2019 to unite the restoration industry and advocate for the best interests of restoration contractors nationwide. In an effort to level the playing field for contractors, we’ve been listening as you’ve told us about the pains you experience every day in our industry. You’ve made it clear that it’s not getting any easier to be a restorer!
During the 2019 annual conference, we used real-time polling tools to ask attendees which AGA initiatives would be most impactful to their business. We were told that a rating or “scoring” system for TPAs would help you make better decisions. If you don’t currently work with any TPAs, it would help you determine where to start. Also, similar to TPAs comparing and publishing contractor scores in each market, a TPA scoring system would show programs where they stand compared to each other. We believe this will ultimately drive better customer service to contractors.
The AGA’s TPA Task Force spent many hours researching ways to create the most fair and objective report, but they need your input! The link below will take you to a survey where you can score each program by its fees, scoring and standards, customer service, credentialing, opportunities, volume, and territory. Now’s your chance to do the grading!
Here’s how this anonymous survey will work:
- Complete a survey for each program you participate in by clicking on the link below.
- If you do not work with all of the programs in the survey, simply answer “no” and those sets of questions will be skipped.
- It should take less than 15 minutes to complete the entire survey.
- The same 6 questions will be asked of each program.
- You may forward the link to the appropriate person(s) in your company to complete.
- If you have multiple branches who participate independently in programs, ask each branch to complete the survey.
- We encourage you to share this survey with your network. You do not have to be an RIA member to complete the survey.
After the survey period, we will compile the scores and publish a report. It will be available to RIA members at no charge. And, our Restoration Advocate will take the results to the TPAs and discuss ways to improve the Contractor/TPA relationship. We ask that you complete this survey by July 31, 2020.
Thank you for helping us advocate for the best interests of restoration contractors nationwide. We look forward to sharing the results with you soon.
Mark Springer Katie Smith
RIA President AGA Chair